I'm investigating why LXC's tests [1] have started failing so often with

   ubuntu-cloudimg-query is /usr/bin/ubuntu-cloudimg-query
   wget is /usr/bin/wget
   confused by argument: xenial
   There is no download available for release=xenial, stream=daily, arch=amd64

http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/l/lxc/xenial/amd64/

Indeed this seems to be some weird glitch in ubuntu-cloudimg-query that
curiously only seems to happen in the data center. I pretty much ruled
out proxy settings, as that works fine for other releases and I tried
unsetting proxy vars too:

$ rm -rf ~/.cache/ubuntu-cloudimg-query/; ubuntu-cloudimg-query precise
--format '%{url}\n'; echo $?
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/server/releases/precise/release-20160315/ubuntu-12.04-server-cloudimg-amd64.tar.gz
0

$ rm -rf ~/.cache/ubuntu-cloudimg-query/; ubuntu-cloudimg-query trusty daily
--format '%{url}\n'; echo $?
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/server/trusty/20160411/trusty-server-cloudimg-amd64.tar.gz
0

$ rm -rf ~/.cache/ubuntu-cloudimg-query/; ubuntu-cloudimg-query xenial daily
--format '%{url}\n'; echo $?
confused by argument: xenial
1

strace shows that for the latter case, u-c-q immediately exits after
"confused by argument: xenial", so I suspect it's some weird bug in
argument parsing.

Package: cloud-image-utils 0.27-0ubuntu24
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: i3