Public bug reported:

In Ubuntu 16.04, after locking my computer, I cannot return to the login
screen. There is just a blank screen, and not signal is received from
the monitor neither if I press some keys on the keyboard, nor if I move
the mouse. This is happening both, when the computers locks
automatically, or when I lock it manually with Ctrl+Alt+l.

I know that the computer is still working perfectly because when this
happens, I can make a ssh from other hosts, and can login and do
anything. If I restart lightdm service remotely (from the ssh session),
I can use it locally again.

I think that the problem could be related to my video driver (my card is
"01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] RV516 [Radeon X1300/X1550 Series]"), because I have tried in
others computers, and I cannot reproduce the problem.

Thanks very much

** Affects: pam (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pam in Ubuntu.

  Keyboard and mouse not responding after locking

Status in pam package in Ubuntu: