** Changed in: lvm2

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lvm2 in Ubuntu.

  lvextend segfault on logical volume extend

Status in lvm2 - Logical Volume Manager:
  Fix Released
Status in “lvm2” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: lvm2

  My system is running 2.6.31-20-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP AMD64 (current
  karmic-proposed).

  Below is the series of commands executed on my logical volumes, two of
  them currently open were extended 20GB (prior to file system resize),
  and then I wanted to consume the remaining extends on one of them.

  Prior to executing these commands I removed two other existing volumes
  in the same group order to free up the space.

  My pv's sit on top of a RAID1 md device as shown below, similar to a
  debian report here: http://bugs.debian.org/561931

  From dpkg:

  ii lvm2                                            2.02.39-0ubuntu11

  From dmesg:

  [13442.816905] lvextend[6576]: segfault at 0 ip 00000000004564eb sp
  00007fff6dbc1a60 error 4 in lvm[400000+8e000]

  From console:
  root@laptop:/mnt# lvs
    LV   VG   Attr   LSize  Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
    home raid -wi-ao 20.00G
    virt raid -wi-ao 20.00G

  root@laptop:/mnt# pvs
    PV         VG   Fmt  Attr PSize  PFree
    /dev/md1   raid lvm2 a-   82.02G 42.02G

  root@laptop:/mnt# lvextend -L +20G /dev/raid/home
    Extending logical volume home to 40.00 GB
    Logical volume home successfully resized

  root@laptop:/mnt# lvextend -L +20G /dev/raid/virt
    Extending logical volume virt to 40.00 GB
    Logical volume virt successfully resized

  root@laptop:/mnt# pvs
    PV         VG   Fmt  Attr PSize  PFree
    /dev/md1   raid lvm2 a-   82.02G 2.02G

  root@laptop:/mnt# lvs
    LV   VG   Attr   LSize  Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
    home raid -wi-ao 40.00G
    virt raid -wi-ao 40.00G

  root@laptop:/mnt# pvs
    PV         VG   Fmt  Attr PSize  PFree