   Unity 8 doesn't load on Intel Pineview graphics [qtubuntu: ASSERT:
"eglDestroyContext(mEglDisplay, mEglContext) == EGL_TRUE"]

  Black screen after greeter.

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  1. Install ubuntu-desktop-16.04-amd64
  2. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install unity8-desktop-session-mir
  3. Reboot.
  4. Log in to unity8 session.

  Result: black screen, no mouse pointer. The screen backlight dims
  after a while.

  Reporting yet another new bug to try to get apport to attach useful
  logs.

  Workarounds which don't help:

  * Moving the mouse for 20 seconds to generate entropy before logging in.
  * Deleting ~/.cache
  * Switching to/from ttys.

  On checking ps waxf I can see that a large number of unity related
  programs are running, including unity8 and unity8-dash (see
  attachment) but nothing is rendered.

  My system is an N455 Atom with Pineview graphics, which should use the
  intel driver. Unity 7 works fine.

  Package: unity8 8.12+16.04.20160401-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Apr 21 23:48:28 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  SourcePackage: unity8