> Then it is a defect in the systemd script: it should not be using the
--keep-baud option.

Why not? To the contrary, a script that we ship by default should not
meddle with configured baud rates IMHO.

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- console port speed impossible to set on ttyUSB0
+ serial-getty@.service does not configure baud rate

  serial-getty@.service does not configure baud rate

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I want to add a console port on a Ubuntu machine to be able to access
  it from a terminal server.

  This machine has no serial port but lots of USB ports (like most nowadays).
  I use a USB-to-serial adapter to have the ttyUSB0 up and listening.

  I copied /lib/systemd/system/serial-getty@.service to
  /lib/systemd/system/serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service and set the speed to
  57600

  +++++++++++
  [Service]
  ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty --keep-baud 57600 %I $TERM
  +++++++++++

  the service status shows the right speed

  +++++++++++
  $ sudo systemctl status serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service
  ● serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service - Serial Getty on ttyUSB0
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service; enabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since 月 2016-04-18 14:07:30 JST; 58min ago
       Docs: man:agetty(8)
             man:systemd-getty-generator(8)
             http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html
   Main PID: 3017 (agetty)
     CGroup:
/system.slice/system-serial\x2dgetty.slice/serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service
             └─3017 /sbin/agetty --keep-baud 57600 ttyUSB0 vt220

  Even so, I can't log in from the serial port at a speed other than
  9600...

  With such settings I shouldn't even be able to get a right answer at
  9600bps, only garbage.