Hi, Peter, thanks for taking the time to file this bug and for helping
to make Ubuntu better! I'm not quite sure if this is the fault of the
app itself or of the daemon that indexes the user's music library. I've
added them as affected.

** Also affects: mediascanner2 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mediascanner2 in Ubuntu.

  Music stops playing when files synchronising

Status in Ubuntu Music App:
  New
Status in mediascanner2 package in Ubuntu:

  I am using the music app on the Aquaris M10 with OTA-10.1.

  When playing music if I then copy new music onto the device from an
  external source the music stops playing (not just paused but stopped)
  as the library synchronises to find the new music.