Because it renders the baud rate setting inoperable?  Or are you
supposed to set the baud rate using some other mechanism, and thus, it
is intended that this script should not modify it?

  serial-getty@.service does not configure baud rate

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I want to add a console port on a Ubuntu machine to be able to access
  it from a terminal server.

  This machine has no serial port but lots of USB ports (like most nowadays).
  I use a USB-to-serial adapter to have the ttyUSB0 up and listening.

  I copied /lib/systemd/system/serial-getty@.service to
  /lib/systemd/system/serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service and set the speed to
  57600

  +++++++++++
  [Service]
  ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty --keep-baud 57600 %I $TERM
  +++++++++++

  the service status shows the right speed

  +++++++++++
  $ sudo systemctl status serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service
  ● serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service - Serial Getty on ttyUSB0
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service; enabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since 月 2016-04-18 14:07:30 JST; 58min ago
       Docs: man:agetty(8)
             man:systemd-getty-generator(8)
             http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html
   Main PID: 3017 (agetty)
     CGroup:
/system.slice/system-serial\x2dgetty.slice/serial-getty@ttyUSB0.service
             └─3017 /sbin/agetty --keep-baud 57600 ttyUSB0 vt220

  Even so, I can't log in from the serial port at a speed other than
  9600...

  With such settings I shouldn't even be able to get a right answer at
  9600bps, only garbage.