** Branch linked: lp:~unity-api-team/ubuntu-system-settings/add-
cellular-data-switch-string

** Branch linked: lp:~unity-api-team/indicator-network/add-cellular-
data-switch-string

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  [indicators] Impossible to disable cellular data from indicator

Status in Canonical System Image:
  In Progress
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Triaged
Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I was wondering : Why it isn't possible to disable data from the
  network indicator ? Probably with a switch button that offer the
  choice between no data or data activated (with the last data activated
  state (2g only or 2G,3G,4G).

  Why this ? Because it's the first setting to change to save battery,
  and probably one of the most used (I asked around me, everyone agreed
  they would prefer that over Wi-Fi if only one was possible).

  I think it's stupid to go to the settings app for the most common
  action (and very frustrating). Of course, this also apply for the
  battery setting page (that already contain Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and
  brightness settings).

  I asked that on the phone ML, I've been invited to file a wishlist bug
  there to "help" designers with next iteration of network indicator. So
  here it is !

  [1] : mailing list discussion with already some support to this idea :
  https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg09910.html