** Tags added: xenial

** Package changed: ubuntu => xorg (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  screen cannot be turned back on after being switched off after some
  time of inactivity

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  I did a fresh install off ubuntu 16.04 on my old dell computer in
  which there is an ati radeon X1300 graphics card.

   Whenever the screen goes off due to inactivity, it cannot be woken up
  by moving the mouse or hit a key.

  The same ubuntu 16.04 installed on a laptop with intel graphics card
  doesn't show this problem, so I guess it is related to the radeon
  driver.