Spurious dialog observed in remote X session on Xenial install with
accountservice 0.6.40-2ubuntu10.

Enabled xenial-proposed, installed accountservice 0.6.40-2ubuntu11, and
the dialog no longer appears.

I wasn't seeing this problem as badly as some other folks here, but for
my use case, the proposed fix is VERIFIED.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to accountsservice in Ubuntu.

  Annoying dialog "Authentication is required to change your own user
  data"

Status in accountsservice:
  Confirmed
Status in accountsservice package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in indicator-messages package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in policykit-1-gnome package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in accountsservice source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  * Impact

  Sometimes useless "Authentication is required to change your own user
  data" prompts are displayed

  * Test case

  <install openssh-server>
  $ ssh -X localhost
  $ /usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 &
  $ dbus-send --system --print-reply=literal --dest=org.freedesktop.Accounts
/org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1001
org.freedesktop.Accounts.User.SetXHasMessages boolean:true

  that shouldn't trigger a prompt

  * Regression potential

  it allows the change to be done without prompting in more cases,
  shouldn't have an impact on cases which were already working

  Every few days a dialog pops up saying "Authentication is required to change
your own user data" with an entry field for a password. If I type my user's
password the dialog will reappear with an empty entry field. If I click on the
cross to close the window many times it will be gone, but reappear a few days
later. I don't know what this window is for and it makes no difference whether
I close it or leave it. I don't use the gnome keyring.
  This started with Ubuntu 15.04 or maybe with an earlier release, and is still
there in Ubuntu 15.10, also on machines I did a fresh install.