I am adding the link to this bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-keyboard/+bug/1577436
also, because I think it may be related to the problem reported in this
bug report.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-bluetooth in

  UT does not discover bluetooth smart (BLE) devices

Status in indicator-bluetooth package in Ubuntu:

  Same as https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-
  settings/+bug/1576986 but I thought I'd also post it here.

  I am actually typing this on a Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard
  connected to my M10 tablet.

  Device: Bq Aquaris M10
  OS: OTA-10.1

  Generally bluetooth devices that are not version 4 or bluetooth smart
  (BLE) seem to work and pair fine with the Aquaris E4.5 and the M10.
  However, when it comes to BLE/version 4, things obviously get too
  complicated for the system bluetooth settings because it doesn't even
  manage to discover these devices.

  OTA-10.1 uses Bluez version 5.37, which is perfectly capable of
  discovering and pairing with BLE devices, but in Ubuntu Touch it
  requires the use of "bluetoothctl" in the terminal. I will describe
  the steps needed below:

  phablet@ubuntu-phablet:-$ bluetoothctl
  [bluetooth]# scan on

  wait for device to show up in list, typically:
  [NEW] Device 01:02:FF:A8:BB:00 DeviceName

  [bluetooth]# discoverable on
  Changing discoverable on succeeded
  [bluetooth]# agent on
  Agent registered
  [bluetooth]# default-agent
  Default agent request successful
  [bluetooth]# pairable on
  Changing pairable on succeeded

  Now tell bluetoothctl to pair the device
  [bluetooth]# pair 01:02:FF:A8:BB:00
  Attempting to pair with 01:02:FF:A8:BB:00

  If pairing with MS Universal Foldable Keyboard, you will probably see
  a 6-digit code, punch that code on the keyboard and hit return.

  [CHG] Device 01:02:FF:A8:BB:00 Connected: yes
  [agent] Passkey: 123456

  You should be good to go.

  However, the MS Foldable Keyboard does not show up in system bluetooth
  settings (see attached screenshot) and getting the M10 to recognize
  that the Keyboard is turned off seems to require a reboot (and
  possibly also bluetooth turned off). Otherwise, the onscreen keyboard
  doesn't show up.