I will support Krzysztof in that matter. I also like that few Polish
extra keys more. I like them even more on my M10. BUT(!) Bartosz is
right about the small screen. I have both bqs: 4.5 and M10. As I like
the idea on M10, on 4.5 I write with a touchpen. For small screens this
solution is not the best one.

Possible solution:
I'd find it cool to be able to choose the keyboards layouts, cause as I said
the by Bartosz criticized solution DOES the job on M10 perfectly!
The only problem I want to report as a bug is "Ź" letter not under "Alt+X" but
under "Alt+Z". As the X letter is free on a keyboard, we could use it for "Ź"
and Z for "Ż".

What drives me mad when I write on 4.5 with my touchpen is "Ó" and "Ę" as well
as "ö,ä,ü " in German. There is the same issue under Android where You want to
write "Ę" but the very first suggestion you get on the list is "3".
My proposition would be to modify the keyboard so that we get the letters we
want as fast as possible: If I want to write "Ó" I press and hold the O but the
first default answer is Ó, not 9!
When You write a text it is more probable that You need letters, not digits.
And when You need digits then You mostly need more of them so You switch to
numerical mode. Today when I write something on my 4.5, I have to fight with my
touchpen for every "Ó" I need by moving the rubber-ended touchpen on a glass
screen. I can do it for a "9" but I BEG YOU not for every "Ó".

What can be done so that everyone is satysfied:
1. Ź under X
2. Ó default after long pressing O and 9 or ö on as a choice to swipe.
3. As You see I support both ideas present and proposed by Bartosz. Krzysztof
has an 5 inch screen in his MX4. In Aquaris typing without a touchpen is not
pleasant experience. On the other hand having a standard "Polish Programmer"
keyboard on a tablet is a pity. The buttons of the tablet as so HUGE that all
Polish diactric signs could be present as a extra signs.
4. Do not copy Android solutions: see the weaknesses and improve them in Ubuntu
:-)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  Too many keys in Polish keyboard

Status in ubuntu-keyboard package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  For Polish keyboard, to standard QWERTY keyboard the new column with
  Polish letters was added.

  It is not optimal because:
  1. Adding additional key column, takes space, and for small devices (BQ E4.5)
it is hard to use
  2. For Polish language there are 9 diactric signs, (ą, ć, ę, ł, ń, ó, ś, ź,
ż) but only 3 is available as separate keys
  3. In Poland most common used is "Polish Programmer" keyboard (it is also
used on Android phone). The diactric sign are available with SHIFT modifier
(Example: SHIFT+a = ą, SHIFT+c = ć etc.)

  Proposal:
  To improve UX of Polish keyboard, I would like propose to remove Polish keys
and use "Polish Programmer" style (with SHIFT modifier). With that solution it
will be much easier typying on Polish keyboard.