Hi, that's what happen using retroshare with qt in ubuntu 16.04 and
15.10.

** Attachment added: "Captura de pantalla de 2016-05-04 22-57-17.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtbase-opensource-src/+bug/1542691/+attachment/4658111/+files/Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202016-05-04%2022-57-17.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  QSystemTrayIcon doesn't work when several.

Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,
  I've report this bug in Qt forum:
  https://forum.qt.io/topic/62137/qsystemtrayicon-ubuntu-15-10
  But they say to ask you.

  With new version of Ubuntu (with Unity) 15.10 and compiled with Qt 4.8.6, the
QSystemTrayIcon doesn't work properly.
  We have multi icons depends the service notification. When we trigger .show()
for service icon, a new main icon appears (with its ContextMenu). And when we
trigger .hide() the new icon stay.
  So, to test it, I've wrote a litle application with only SystrayIcon. You can
find Test Project on original thread.
  I've tested it with different version of Qt5. Only 5.5.1 works, but with only
one icon. When I want to show the second directly, no one appears. If I don't
show second, the first take its own and the second's context menu. When I
trigger second.show() nothing happens.
  showMessage() is working well (not msecs) with one or two icons.
  contextmenu only works with one icon shown.
  toolTip doesn't work.
  activated signal isn't triggered.

  I've reinstalled fresh ubuntu 15.10 (in VirtualBox) with its own qt5.4.2.
  Now main icon appears two time (with same context menu).

  What can I do to get icons (or something else) in systray?

  Thanks.

  Package: qtbase5-dev 5.4.2+dfsg-2ubuntu9
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.2.0-27.32-generic 4.2.8-ckt1
  Uname: Linux 4.2.0-27-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.19.1-0ubuntu5
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sat Feb  6 19:09:14 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" - Release amd64 (20151021)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=fr_FR
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>