There is a tutorial from an SDK theme point of view here:
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/phone/apps/qml/tutorials/ubuntu-ui-
toolkit-palette/

and a more designed focused blog entry is coming up very soon!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  Active header section is blue

Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:

  When using sections in the header (either new style Sections object or
  old sections property), the active section is shown with the
  theme.palette.selected.backgroundTertiaryText color.

  Which I don't think is appropriate?  That's for actual selected text,
  like with a mouse or whatever, right?  Which is blue in the current
  themes, the color of "activity".

  But the section isn't selected, it's active.  I'd suggest either green
  ("positive", like we do with active checkboxes) or orange ("focus"
  since it's the currently focused section).

  But blue looks wrong to me.