Fixed with
https://git.launchpad.net/oxide/commit/?id=0cf0e457da8772747e764c200428ae3fdbb659e1

** Changed in: oxide

** No longer affects: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Scrolling performance is dreadful after text has been selected

Status in Oxide:

  I just noticed this - after selecting text with the mouse (I haven't
  tried this on the phone yet), scrolling becomes very laggy. It
  normally doesn't recover after cancelling the selection.

  chrome://tracing shows the UI thread is blocking for ~50ms periods in
  MessageLoop::RunTask, which isn't particularly helpful. The task being
  executed was posted from
  IPC::ChannelProxy::Context::OnMessageReceivedNoFilter, so it's
  basically a message handler somewhere that's responsible.

  Bug 1565280 would really help here.