I wasn't suggesting that MusicBrainz should "correct" music, but rather
suggest metadata for tracks or albums that contain no or missing
metadata...

There's always Echoprint, which is an Open Source equivalent of Sony's
"TrackID" music recognition service, so the groundwork has clearly been
laid.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mediascanner2 in Ubuntu.

  MusicBrainz integration

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu Music App:
  Triaged
Status in mediascanner2 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in thumbnailer package in Ubuntu:

  I'd love to see the ability to download missing metadata for music
  from MusicBrainz (the Open Source equivalent of Sony's
  CDDB/Gracenote)... Either automatically, or on-request (by the user).

  Ubuntu for mobile devices is already very much an "online first"
  operating system and my understanding is that this is unlikely to
  change anytime soon, so it is reasonable to expect that MusicBrainz
  integration would have access to a data connection most - if not all -
  of the time.