** Changed in: location-service (Ubuntu)

** Branch linked: lp:~thomas-voss/location-service/add-manual-example-
for-network-based-positioning

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to location-service in

  Ubuntu Phone is not getting a mobile network cell triangulation
  position

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in location-service package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Hi!

  I think that the mobile network cell triangulation position is not
  working in Ubuntu Phone OS.

  The position should be really fast (~1 - 5") and I'm thinking that
  Ubuntu Phone is waiting for a real GPS position every time.

  A good test could be this:
  - Go to a room, way out of a sky to avoid a real GPS signal.
  - Set WiFi service OFF.
  - Set GPS service ON.
  - Set data connection ON.
  - Go to this website via webbrowser-app:
http://leafletjs.com/examples/mobile-example.html The website will ask you to
allow access to the current location.
  - Make sure to not have a GPS position cached.

  In a PC or *any* Android you'll see your position immediately.
  Bug: In Ubuntu Phone an error will appears. This error is because the
geoposition
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Geolocation/Using_geolocation)
 is not working with the cell triangulation network data.

  You can try a lot of apps like Google Maps, OSMTouch, HERE map, uNAV... and a
fast position from data connection is not happening, unless you be with a WIFI
connection.
  If you try Google Maps in Android, the position will be really fast just with
data connection.

  Thanks in advance!