*** This bug is a security vulnerability ***

You have been subscribed to a public security bug:

This morning I applied the following updates to Ubuntu 12.04 webservers:

The following packages are currently pending an upgrade:

 apt 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.27
 apt-transport-https 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.27
 apt-utils 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.27
 libapache2-mod-php5 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.23
 libapt-inst1.4 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.27
 libapt-pkg4.12 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.27
 php5-cli 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.23
 php5-common 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.23
 php5-curl 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.23
 php5-dev 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.23
 php5-gd 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.23
 php5-mysql 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.23
 php-pear 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.23

Apache fails to restart, siting error:

apache2: Syntax error on line 212 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax
error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.load: Cannot load
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server: /lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/libm.so.6: symbol __strtold_nan, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined
in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Into file /var/log/apache2/error.log

Looks like I am trying to roll back all those php packages... Which I
see several updates marked Security Update in the changelogs, thus
checking the "security vulnerability" box as rolling back in this case
is such. :-(

** Affects: eglibc (Ubuntu)

--
PHP Update on 2016-05-25 causes Apache not to restart, libm.so.6: symbol
__strtold_nan, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link
time reference
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1585614
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch
seeded packages, which is subscribed to eglibc in Ubuntu.