And i use my phone mostly as a phone not a pc. I dont care about
twitter, facebook, email etc. I wanna be able to hear a simple sms
message. Just because i need a >>>PHONE<<< a stupid device as Nokia 3210
which did the job better. If you dont wanna hear your messages you
should be able to choose one of todays sounds, but you know there are
also people like me who would like to get a notification from an
Internet banking that someone is trying to log into your account,
important message from your boss or security system of your car,
motorbike or house that someone just broke a window or is trying to
steal your motorcycle. For all of these cases i should be able to choose
a damn loud notification.

Am Fr., 27. Mai 2016 um 18:48 hat Matthias Apitz
<g...@unixarea.de> Folgendes geschrieben:
El viernes, 27 de mayo de 2016 17:19:22 (CEST), Marcin Xc

I do not need this ongoing tue-te-le-tue from twitter or what's ape which I
do hear from other persons around me; I do not need it, because I'm in real
life and at my desk, but not in cyberspace; I get every day some 200++
mails and check my inboxes from time to time; that' enough for me;

matthias

--
Sent from my Ubuntu tablet
http://www.unixarea.de/

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to messaging-app in Ubuntu.

  Available sound notifications are to short and quiet

Status in messaging-app package in Ubuntu:

  I simply do not hear when a new message arrives. User has no
  possibility to add his own sound for an incoming message notification
  either.

  I'd love to be able to chose my own notification tone but there is no
  such option as we have by incoming calls.

  If not custom, please add some louder and longer tone that user is
  able to hear on the street.

  Reported for Aquaris 4.5 with Ubuntu 15.04 (OTA-10.1)