I've just tried in 'desktop mode' with the Browser window maximized. And
the issue is not visible there. The window takes the full screen width.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtubuntu in Ubuntu.

  Browser window does not fill the screen width when starting

Status in qtubuntu package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  bq M10 rc-proposed r112

  When staring Browser app in landscape first I see splash screen, then the
Browser window which is squared and then the complete Browser window with tabs
opened. For the beter UX the second step should be skipped or that window
should take the full width of the tablet.
  Screenshot of the problem attached.