Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Impossible to use webbrowser for anything that uses a popup

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  today I wanted to configure a WiFi router with the Ubuntu browser.
  Turns out that's not possible because the router's webinterface uses
  popups to ask the user for selecting something. The popups are opened
  as new tabs. When I switch to them, and then click on the selection
  the popup closes again and I end up on the original page, however, the
  page reloads and all the previous state is lost.

  => The webbrowser should not reload the page when switching to a tab.

  (I presume the reason is that it actually unloads the page as soon as
  one switches away in order to save some memory, but still this is too
  intrusive. It will break too much and needs to be turned off again -
  It kinda makes the webbrowser useless as it is right now.)