Also, desktop-kickstart.cfg if it helps (again passwords, IP addresses,
and domain names obfuscated).

** Attachment added: "desktop-kickstart.cfg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/util-linux/+bug/1588287/+attachment/4678128/+files/desktop-kickstart.cfg

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to util-linux in Ubuntu.

  util-linux breaks xenial installation

Status in util-linux package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in util-linux source package in Trusty:
  Incomplete
Status in util-linux package in Debian:

  Attempting to install xenial from an alternate install image xenial-
  alternate-amd64.iso triggered the bug reported at:

  and fixed by the patch at:

  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/pkg-util-
  linux.git/commit/?id=49a9f9ff0cdb64c02b12c2a00af30472305bc377

  The patch was made on util-linux-2.28-2 but can be applied easily to
  2.27.1-6ubuntu3 as found in xenial, so I back-ported the patch onto my
  local copy of the iso and can confirm that the installation got past
  the installation of util-linux.