```
~ fsck -n /dev/sda2
fsck from util-linux 2.27.1
e2fsck 1.42.13 (17-May-2015)
fsck.ext4: Permission denied while trying to open /dev/sda2
You must have r/o access to the filesystem or be root

~ e4defrag -c /dev/sda2
 Done.
```

The user's expectation is to be informed of the reason the execution
failed. Instead, e4defrag suppresses the error and returns an exit
status of 0, unlike fsck, as illustrated above.

This is a valid bug because the output does not indicate that there was
an issue with privileges during execution.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to e2fsprogs in Ubuntu.

  e4defrag -c /mountpoint does not provide expected output

Status in e2fsprogs package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  According to the man page this is the expected output below.

  OPTIONS
         -c     Get  a  current  fragmentation  count and an ideal fragmentation
                count, and calculate fragmentation score based on them. By  see‐
                ing  this  score,  we  can  determine  whether we should execute
                e4defrag to target.  When used with -v option, the current frag‐
                mentation  count  and  the ideal fragmentation count are printed
                for each file.

                Also this option outputs the average data size in one extent. If
                you  see it, you'll find the file has ideal extents or not. Note
                that the maximum extent size is 131072KB in ext4 filesystem  (if
                block size is 4KB).

                If this option is specified, target is never
  defragmented.

  I am attaching a screenshot of my output which is not what I expected.
  This may not be a bug but it is not very informational.

  Package: e2fsprogs 1.42.5-1ubuntu2
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-19-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu6
  Architecture: i386