** Tags added: rtm14 touch-2014-09-25

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-sound in Ubuntu.

  [Greeter] should be able to control music service while greeter locked

Status in Media Hub:
  In Progress
Status in Ubuntu UX bugs:
  Triaged
Status in “indicator-sound” package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion
Status in “ubuntu-music-app” package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion
Status in “ubuntu-settings-components” package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  Not sure what component to file this against-- please reassign as
  desired.

  I use my phone to play music on random while I'm driving. This works
  great except when I want to advance or pause the song, where I have to
  go through the greeter first to access the player. This can either
  take my attention away from driving or I need to wait until the next
  stop light to advance the song. This is less of a concern when the
  greeter can just be swiped with one gesture, but is a big concern if
  you enable the passcode lock where you have to add the passcode to
  access the player.

  If the music is playing, the greeter should allow rudimentary
  manipulation of the music, eg, pause/play and forward/back. Other
  platforms seem to allow for this (eg android).