Yeah, I can confirm this still happens, especially as you move from apps
scope to apps.

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  Scope header sometimes appears in the middle of the scope

Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:

  I see this sometimes when switching from an app back to the
  applications scope. Not seen it in other scopes, but I don't use the
  others as much.

  The "Applications" header sometimes appears in the middle of the
  icons, over the top of them.

  See screenshot.