I confirm it's fixed.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  Kernel updates are being marked as manually installed

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unattended-upgrades package in Ubuntu:

  Updates to the linux-image-* packages in Precise are being marked as
  "manually" installed, regardless of the auto/manual flag on the
  existing kernel packages. This happens when updating packages with
  apt, aptitude, or unattended-upgrades. I'm running an up-to-date
  12.04.2 LTS installed (amd64).

  I can see that my existing kernels were marked as automatically
  installed:

  % apt-mark showauto | grep linux-image
  linux-image-3.2.0-40-generic
  linux-image-generic

  And, after the update was performed by unattended-upgrades last night,
  the new kernel is marked manual:

  % apt-mark showmanual | grep linux-image
  linux-image-3.2.0-41-generic

  This is a problem, because it renders the fix in this bug,
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/923876 (Limit and
  clean-up kernel images and headers automatically in LTS) ineffective,
  since apt-get autoremove will not remove packages which are marked as
  manually installed.

  I'm running the following package versions:

  apt: 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.10
  aptitude: 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.10
  unattended-upgrades: 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu10.10
  aptdaemon: 0.43+bzr805-0ubuntu9

  This bug looks similar to
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/aptdaemon/+bug/1078544, however, I'm
  running a version of aptdaemon that supposedly has this fix applied.

  Please let me know if I can provide any other useful information.