Public bug reported:

My Goolge nexus phone is the only one I have with any method of typing
the copyright sign (U+00A9) and registered sign (U+00AE).  Even it does
not allow the TM sign (U+2122)

Hows about a long-press option on the C key for (C) and the R key for
(R) and the T key for (TM) in the same way that accented letters work?

** Affects: canonical-devices-system-image

** Affects: ubuntu-keyboard (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: ubuntu-keyboard (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  keyboard suggestion: support of (C) and (R) characters

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in ubuntu-keyboard package in Ubuntu: