Public bug reported:

If I have any audio or video files in my collection that don't have a
file extension (e.g. *.mp3), mediascanner refuses to add such a file to
the scanned database. It should be able to do a deeper content type
evaluation and still see that such a file might still have a completely
valid mime type of audio/mpeg. Thumbnailer and now media-hub both
support such files and mediascanner needs to support it as well so that
they show up in apps like music-app.

** Affects: mediascanner2 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mediascanner2 in Ubuntu.

  mediascanner rejects valid media files without a file extension

Status in mediascanner2 package in Ubuntu: