Hello,

Have been experiencing an issue when I type the password for drive
encryption of a new Ubuntu OS install. I am able to type the password as
expected, but I am using an AZERTY keyboard layout and the install picks
up my password with the QUERTY layout. I go through the full install
process and after the 1st reboot the OS asks for the drive encryption
password which is stored with the wrong keyboard layout (QUERTY in my
case). Without a hack to figure out what are the keys equivalent, I am
not able to use the fresh OS install and I have to go through the
install again; when I use QUERTY/AZERTY keys that are not similar for
the drive encryption password. That bug being said, a few times I did
not use that security function or I purposely use a weak password to be
sure to able to log into the fresh Ubuntu install. I have done the test
on the 14.04 release and I have experienced the same bug on the latest
Xunbuntu release as well.

Thank you,
Bob

** Affects: xkeyboard-config (Ubuntu)

Wrong keyboard layout while crypting new installation drive
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1545454
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch
seeded packages, which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in Ubuntu.