I was searching for a way to disable this, I hope I have found the right
place in configuration settings...

I opened in menus :

Applications
System tools
Preferences
Searching & indexing

I unchecked everything in "semantics"

It looks like there's an option missing in "limits", I would like to
choose "never" for "background content indexing", but this option is not
provided here...

This is manual translation from my installed lang to english so may not
be 100% accurate

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mediascanner2 in Ubuntu.

  mediascanner-service-2.0 using large amounts of CPU

Status in mediascanner2 package in Ubuntu:

  Each time I plug my external USB hard disk the mediascanner-service process
is activ and is using large amount of CPU for long minutes without interruption.
  I have the same problem in utopic and vivid

  Package: mediascanner2.0 0.105+15.04.20141030.1-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.14.7-0ubuntu10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity