I am quite willing to work on this issue, but... don't make me jump
through hoops just to see the crash report.  (Take an example from
Fedora, where such reports are freely accessible (for example,
https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/reports/1181921/).  I don't need
heaps of information -- a backtrace is normally enough.)

Anyway, I'm guessing your users are hitting a bug that is fixed by the
first patch attached to this message: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html
/nano-devel/2016-04/msg00075.html.  That patch (and the other three)
were already applied to nano in Debian.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to nano in Ubuntu.

  /bin/nano:*** Error in `nano': free(): invalid next size (normal):
  ADDR ***

Status in nano package in Ubuntu:

  The Ubuntu Error Tracker has been receiving reports about a problem
  regarding nano.  This problem was most recently seen with version
  2.5.3-2, the problem page at
  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/d609e39daa79867af99f7c1c75f3db7b998971d9
  contains more details.