   Streaming videos over HLS is not supported

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  HTML5 embedded HLS stream does not play

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  When trying to watch live TV and old TV programmes on tv.nrk.no with
  settings set to "HTML5 player with HLS", the videos never load. Since
  flash is not an option, the Ubuntu touch media player app does not
  play HLS streams (master.m3u playlist files) and Firefox doesn't play
  them either, there is no way to watch Norwegian state broadcasting on
  Ubuntu touch at the moment. NRK has three of the most watched
  Norwegian TV channels, so this is a big deal for Norwegian phone and
  tablet users. I am also filing a bug report on the media player app
  that it does not play HLS streams, which would solve the problem (or
  if it does, it is not associated with the downloaded file from the
  Ubuntu touch browser, anyway.) On iOS and Android, there are dedicated
  apps from Nrk and on Ubuntu 16.04 desktop I use VLC to play the HLS
  streams (master.m3u playlist files).

  Tv.nrk.no also has a beta of a new player (they do not say which
  technologies they use, but say that it will use less processing power
  and be useable on anything but an Amiga), but the new beta player does
  not work on the Ubuntu touch browser either (or Firefox on Ubuntu
  touch).

  I am on OTA 11 on a Bq M10 FHD with Norwegian localisation.