Gents,

After several days of tests, i can confirm the GPS is working fine. It's
taking 2-10 min to get the satellites.

- For some asking the radio (even if i'm not sure if it's relevant for
the GPS) : M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.84

- I set /var/lib/ubuntu-location-service/config.ini to :
Engine::State=Engine::Status::on
Engine::SatelliteBasedPositioningState=SatelliteBasedPositioningState::on
Engine::WifiAndCellIdReportingState=WifiAndCellIdReportingState::on

Not sure if it's help for the pure GPS localization.

- last step :
Removing the phone from it's wallet type case ... I wasn't expected so much
difference. I think this is the main factor contributing to have a poor signal.

The tests were performed through Unav and activity trackers.

As said before, the phone is under RC-proposed BQ-aquaris dual boot with
multirom.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to location-service in

  GPS and location detection not working on Nexus 4

Status in location-service package in Ubuntu:

  Mako with MultiROM, utopic r239

  None of the apps I have tried including Weather, Google maps, OSM
  Touch and SensorStatus are able to use the phone's GPS. The
  SensorStatus app actually reports "Found supported backend", but finds
  no position or other GPS data.

  Location detection on the other hand is doing something, but it is
  really far off when it comes to determining the actual location of the
  device. The Weather app suggests my location as Vänsjö, Jämtland,
  which is about 400 km north of Stockholm where I am at. OSM Touch
  reports "no location available" and Google maps "Your location could
  not be determined"

  I don't know if the GPS has to "waken up" somehow, but it has not
  shown any form of life for me on Ubuntu Touch, even though it works
  perfectly fine when booting the phone as Android.