** Also affects: messaging-app (Ubuntu)

   [Messaging] Show number of characters used and number of messages to send

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to messaging-app in Ubuntu.

  no character count in messaging app

Status in messaging-app:
  New
Status in indicator-messages package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in messaging-app package in Ubuntu:

  when you are typing a text message in the messaging application there
  is no character counter to tell you how many sms messages will be
  required to send the message.

  expected behaviour would be a counter while you type your message such
  as:

  12/140

  would show you have used 12 characters out of a total of 140
  available.

  ps. I have no idea what the actual limit is and I think it might be
  different in different countries.