As a non-LTS release, 15.10 has a 9-month month support cycle and, as
such, the support period is now nearing its end and Ubuntu 15.10 will
reach end of life on Thursday, July 28th. At that time, Ubuntu Security
Notices will no longer include information or updated packages for
Ubuntu 15.10.

** Changed in: lvm2 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lvm2 in Ubuntu.

  LVM VG not activated at boot, no snapshots used

Status in lvm2 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The symptoms for this bug are very similar to those of #1396213:
  booting (a freshly installed wily VM) drops me to the (initramfs)
  prompt because the root filesystem (root=/dev/mapper/VG-root) cannot
  be found. Typing "vgchange -a y; exit" at the (initramfs) prompt
  allows the boot to continue normally.

  The reason I'm filing a separate bug is that the discussion of
  #1396213 blames the problem on LVM snapshots and my setup does not
  have a snapshot: it happens on a system freshly installed using d-i,
  on the first reboot after installation (and on all subsequent reboots
  so far). As a result, I am not sure the root cause is the same.

  I've tried rootdelay=120 but that did not help.

  Package: lvm2 2.02.111-2ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-22.22-generic 3.19.8-ckt1
  Uname: Linux 3.19.0-22-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.17.3-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386