** Also affects: gnucash (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  GtkTreeView keyboard binding are not intituive

Status in GTK+:
  New
Status in gnucash package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:

  Most GUIs, like MacOS X, Microsoft Windows and Qt handle the keyboard bindings
  for its treeviews in the same way: user can easily expand, collapse and move
  into tree nodes using only the arrow keys.

  In Gtk+, however, is quite different. User needs to press "plus" and "minus"
  key to collapse and expand nodes, leaving Right and Left arrows with
  essentially null functionality. Well yeah, that keys allow to move
horizontally
  into row cells.
  Seeing many of the applications written using Gtk+, there are not many cases
  where user find useful moving horizontally across the row with the keyboard,
  most GtkTreeView that I see are simple and used only to show information.
  So I guess the current GtkTreeView behaviour is crazy, not useful in most
  cases, goes against intuition and against good User Experience.

  I'm really not familiar with Gtk+ programming but, as user, I find this "bug"
  extremely annoying in my day to day.

  So, I make some changes in Gtk+ to enhance (from my point of view) the
behavior
  of GtkTreeView with the keyboard.

  The attached patch to the 3.4 branch modifies the default GtkTreeView
behaviour
  with the keyboard, expanding nodes with the right arrow and collapsing it with
  left arrow, selecting parent and child nodes when appropriate:
   - When user press Left on a collapsed node, Gtk+ select the parent node.
   - When user press right on an expanded node, Gtk+ select the first child
node.
  Users that want to navigate into cells horizontally (as I can see, a non
  frecuent use case) will need to press Ctrl+<Left|Right>. Users can still move
  to the parent node with the Backspace key, without collapsing anything.

  I don't know exactly if this behavior change break some expected behavior to
  application programmer, I hope not.

  A last question, Why Gtk+ programmers implemented the current GtkTreeView
behavior
  knowing the big difference with other tested GUIs?

  Best Regards!