This problem is present in Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Desktop build, as well

Quick workaround:

$ rm /run/resolvconf/interface/NetworkManager

Deleting /run/resolvconf/interface/NetworkManager and re-running
ifdown/ifup will result in the /etc/network/interfaces dns-nameservers
to be populated into /etc/resolv.conf (aka
../run/resolvconf/resolv.conf)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dnsmasq in Ubuntu.

  /etc/network/interfaces: "dns-nameservers" entries for bridge "br*"
  interfaces are ignored i.e. they are not listed in "/etc/resolv.conf"
  when invoking "ifup" command

Status in dnsmasq package in Ubuntu:

  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      14.04

  apt-cache policy resolvconf
  resolvconf:
    Installed: 1.69ubuntu1.1
    Candidate: 1.69ubuntu1.1
    Version table:
   *** 1.69ubuntu1.1 0
          500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1.69ubuntu1 0
          500 http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages

  network-manager: My "eth0" and "wlan0" cards are managed by the
network-manager and this works fine.

  /etc/network/interfaces: My 2 bridges "br0" and "br1" are managed in
"/etc/network/interfaces" as follows:
  iface br0 inet static
   address 192.168.10.1
   netmask 255.255.255.0
   dns-nameservers 192.168.10.2
   bridge_ports none
   bridge_stp off
   bridge_fd 0
   bridge_maxwait 0

  iface br1 inet static
   address 192.168.0.1
   netmask 255.255.255.0
   dns-nameservers 192.168.0.2
   bridge_ports none
   bridge_stp off
   bridge_fd 0
   bridge_maxwait 0

  When I now bring up the bridge interfaces using:
  sudo ifup br0 br1
  Then they show up fine in "ifconfig".
  BUT "dns-nameservers 192.168.10.2" and "dns-nameservers 192.168.0.2" DO NOT
show up in "/etc/resolv.conf"

  WORKAROUND: Until this has been fixed the following workaround works fine for
me:
  sudo vi /etc/resolvconf/interface-order
  #Add the following entry (this entry can be put on any line BUT it has to
come before the last entry "*"):
  br*
  *

  PS: Based on the workaround in "/etc/resolvconf/interface-order" I
  think the issue is in package "resolvconf" otherwise I would have
  reported the error against the "ifupdown scripts".