Public bug reported:

My UPS (APC Back-UPS ES 700) is somehow slow to report it's capacity
when upower starts, and this causes upower to shut down the system when
it thinks the battery is empty on daemon restart.

upower should have a grace period on startup, or if it has one, it
should be longer (like 30s?)

** Affects: upower (Ubuntu)

** Package changed: linux (Ubuntu) => upower (Ubuntu)

   Upgrading upower package caused forced reboot

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to upower in Ubuntu.

  system shut down when upower is restarted

Status in upower package in Ubuntu: