** Attachment added: "screenshot20160804_124618817.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1609743/+attachment/4713886/+files/screenshot20160804_124618817.png

** Also affects: indicator-messages (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- opening indicator on phone freezes
+ [indicators] opening indicator on phone freezes

  [indicators] opening indicator on phone freezes

Status in indicator-messages package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  rc-proposed, arale (MX4)

  * Unlock the phone
  * swipe top to bottom (to open indicator panel)
  * panel will open only at its ~1/4 (not always at the same pixel, see
attached pictures)
  * it seems no other touch action can be handled, nothing can be done,
everything seems frozen

  current way to fix it:
  * power button (just to lock the phone, not switf off)
  * power button (to switch on the screen)
  * you can unlock the phone, and then opening indicator will mostly works again

  I did reproduce at least 3-4 times this bug on 'Messaging Indicator',
  but I can't remember for other indicators.