Hi Gregory, thanks for taking the time to file this issue. I've added
the thumbnailer project as affected so they can triage this issue.
Thanks!

** Also affects: thumbnailer (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: music-app

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to thumbnailer in Ubuntu.

  Music ignores local album artwork.

Status in Ubuntu Music App:
  Invalid
Status in thumbnailer package in Ubuntu:

  When using "Music", local album artwork is ignored, seemingly in favor
  of online album artwork, which is frequently incorrect.

  This appears to be a different issue to
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/thumbnailer/+bug/1372000 , because
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/thumbnailer/+bug/1372000 is apparently
  "fixed" and I still experience this issue.

  --

  Reproduce:
  - Copy music to your Ubuntu mobile device, ensuring that each folder contains

  Result:
  - Most tracks are shown with no or incorrect album artwork.

  Expectation:
  - That Music would utilize or otherwise prioritize local album artwork.

  --

  Music: 2.4.1003

  bq Aquaris E5 HD Ubuntu Edition:
  * OS build number: OTA-12
  * Ubuntu Image part: 20160708
  * Ubuntu build description: Ubuntu 15.04 - armhf (20160708-091336)
  * Device Image part: 20160606-540a47f
  * Device build description: VEGETA01A-S23A_BQ_L100EN_2014_160708
  * Customization Image part: 20160701-981-38-14