Public bug reported:

I have noticed that after upgrading from Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 to 16.04
with GNOME 3.20 that searching for files and folders in the Activities
Overview takes much much longer when previously (before upgrading) it
would find them almost instantly as it currently does with applications.

In the preferences for Tracker I have it set up so that it is meant to
index content. What is interesting though is that for instance it might
take 5 minutes to find my Artwork folder in my Documents directory
through the AO. But if I run 'locate Artwork' in Terminal it finds it
almost instantly.

So that makes me think that perhaps it is an issue with it not properly
indexing the content or not being able to retrieve the information or
something and being forced to do a real-time search.

But it is becoming rather annoying so I thought I would report it so
that we can try to figure out what the issue is and hopefully find a
solution.

** Affects: ubuntu-gnome

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Affects: tracker (Ubuntu)

** Tags: xenial

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: tracker (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to tracker in Ubuntu.

  Searching for files and folders in AO takes much longer than
  previously

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Status in tracker package in Ubuntu: