PS : You really should use dictionnary from :
http://dicollecte.org/download.php?prj=fr

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  OTA 5 rev22: choices for french spell checking could be better

Status in ubuntu-keyboard package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  Choices for french (and certainly other languages too) spell-checking
  could be improved.

  Accents are harder (and slower) to tap than usual  letters. For
  example, when a 'é' letter is wanted, I have to tap 'e' on the virtual
  keyboard, wait for the choices of accentuated letters éèê... to appear
  and swift to choose 'é'.

  When I want the word "départ", I would like to type "depart", and the
  spell-checker to choose "départ" as the best choice. Instead, the
  spell-checker propose "repart" as first choice for "depart", which, in
  my opinion, is not the best. In the algorithm for spell-checking, the
  substitution of a letter without accent by the same letter with an
  accent should be counted with a weight less than substitution of a
  letter by a totally different letter.

  Nicolas (a french guy)

  PS: I have posted this report to language-pack-touch-fr but I do not
  know if there is a more appropriate place.