The problem is that on hover border is added...

menuitem { border: 1px solid transparent } did fix problem when I added
it to ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css. I don't have time to look if this
breaks something else...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-themes in Ubuntu.

  Menus are jumping up and down when moving mouse

Status in ubuntu-themes package in Ubuntu:

  If a menu is opened, when moving the cursor from the menu bar to the
  first menu item, the whole menu moves down for one pixel. The same
  happens when moving the mouse between two menu items separated with a
  separator: when a mouse is on the separator, the whole menu jumps.

  This happens with different menu types: "classic" GTK+ menus, Unity
  global menus and in-title menus.

  A screencast is attached.