@sodabrew: the update for trusty has been uploaded, once it has been
accepted into trusty-proposed this bug will be updated, letting you know
that you can install the update and verify that it actually fixes the
bug.  If verification is successful, the update will migrate to trusty-
updates.

I was not able to reproduce the problem with the following test case:
curl -v 'http://curl.haxx.se/download/'

If it works for you, please let us know, otherwise let us know of a
better test case if you find one.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to curl in Ubuntu.

  curl: Problem with chunked encoded data

Status in curl package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in curl source package in Trusty:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  curl in Ubuntu 14.0.4 suffers from a bug ("Problem (2) in the Chunked-Encoded
data") introduced in curl 7.35.0
(https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/345891edba32312686e18d8ff185f4476b74e417).

  See the corresponding thread on the curl mailing list:
  * https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2014-02/0100.html
  * https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2014-02/0108.html

  Googling for "Problem (2) in the Chunked-Encoded data" shows that this seems
to be a problem for other Ubuntu users, too. For example:
  *
https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope-jackrabbit/issues/89#issuecomment-55084492
  *
https://www.mastizada.com/blog/chunked-encoded-data-error-in-php-curl-requests/
  * https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=72131

  [ test case]
  * curl -v 'http://curl.haxx.se/download/'
  (this might work on some configurations)

  [ fix ]

  The issue was fixed in curl 7.36.0 with
  https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/0ab97ba0090f2609760c33000181f08757336a48

  If you apply that patch to curl in Ubuntu 14.04, I'm sure you'll make
  a lot of people happy - including me. Thanks!

  [Regression Potential]
  * none, fix comes from upstream, and is a fix of a bad commit