I'm afraid at the moment we're under a lot of constraints with regard to
space on the system image, so we're not currently able to add
alternative layouts for languages. However once the shift to the new
layout system is complete it'll be possible to distribute them as click
packages and so remove the need to include them as part of the system
image (it'll also be much simpler to create layouts).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  No bépo layout

Status in ubuntu-keyboard package in Ubuntu:

  Hi

  Using Ubuntu Touch I'm very surprised to discover that for french
  keyboard, there is not Bepo avalaible :( It's avalaible by defaut on
  all Ubuntu distros since a while ! Why it's not included in Ubuntu
  Touch ? :(

  Thanks