Yes, but this bug is about switching things over to use the new
desktop.privacy gsettings keys. unity-control-center can work with those
keys directly. I think apport, update-notifier and whoopsie should be
able to read those keys themselves as needed without needing a separate
service running in the middle.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Respect gsettings org.gnome.desktop.privacy report-technical-problems

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in Whoopsie:
  New
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in update-notifier package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in whoopsie-preferences package in Ubuntu:

  gsettings-desktop-schemas 3.16+ includes this boolean key:
  org.gnome.desktop.privacy report-technical-problems

  This key is used in GNOME's Settings app and Initial Setup tool. It
  would be great if Ubuntu would be able to integrate with that.

  See also
  --------

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gsettings-desktop-schemas/tree/schemas/org.gnome.desktop.privacy.gschema.xml.in#n50

  https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-control-center/tree/panels/privacy
  /cc-privacy-panel.c

  https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-initial-setup/tree/gnome-initial-
  setup/pages/privacy/gis-privacy-page.c

  Ubuntu Bug 1614818 requests that the GNOME apps support apport but I
  think this bug may be the more correct way to do it.