When testing I think the fix is that the trigger doesn't happen
immediately after launcher width is exceeded with left edge gesture but
the trigger point is further right. Which already improves the situation
and reduces false positives.

The trigger still happens without releasing which is fine at this point
considering that we're currently designing on something else for the
long right edge swipe anyway. So I marked this as fix released.

** Changed in: ubuntu-ux

  Dash reset when pulling out launcher is too eager

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Fix Released
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  1) Go the app store, look at an app page, maybe start writing a review
  2) Pull out the launcher

  If you are even a little enthusiastic with your pull, the dash resets,
  and you lose your place.

  I do it by accident often, and it's annoying. I think it would be
  reasonable to wait till the drag goes more than a launcher's width
  past the launcher or something similar.

  --------Desired design-------------

  Don't go home scope (left most) yet when gesture has passed the
  launcher width. Follow the same logic here as when performing left
  edge gesture when some other app than Dash is focused.

  I don't think there is exact spec or parameters anywhere but basic rules are:
  - Only trigger switch on finger release (the home scope can and should
already be revealed during the gesture)
  - To go to home scope certain horizontal threshold value needs to be exceeded
and gesture direction on release needs to be from left to right.