this is a bigger issue than just wifi. In pinlock when using a phrase
there is no option to see the phrase you are typing so this becomes
critical.

** Tags added: rtm-14

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  [sdk] Implement PasswordEchoOnEdit for the wifi passphrase textfield

Status in Ubuntu UX bugs:
  In Progress
Status in “ubuntu-ui-toolkit” package in Ubuntu:

  The new UI in build 89 uses the snap decision for connecting, and the
password entry is different as there is no longer an option to see the password
as it is entered.
  I had to enter my 23 character passphrase 3 times as I could not reliably hit
the correct keys.
  All other modern interfaces show the characters. Best approach could be show
the last character entered only, as most UIs do.