works fine now

** Tags removed: verification-needed
** Tags added: verification-done

  /etc/resolv.conf is empty on snappy

Status in Snappy:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  we currently have no working resolver on snappy installs,
  /etc/resolv.conf is the boilerplate one.

  on the low level we seem to have DNS from the DHCP server though

  ogra@localhost:~$ grep -r DNS= /run/systemd/netif
  /run/systemd/netif/leases/3:DNS=217.237.150.115 217.237.151.205
  /run/systemd/netif/links/3:DNS=217.237.150.115 217.237.151.205
  /run/systemd/netif/links/3:MDNS=no
  ogra@localhost:~$

  SRU INFORMATION
  ===============
  Fix:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-systemd/systemd.git/commit/?h=ubuntu-xenial&id=0a96feb1561

  Test case:

  I cannot reproduce this in a VM or normal laptop, this is somehow
  specific to the reporter's hardware/DHCP server config.

   * Configure systemd-networkd for an ethernet interface, either directly or
via netplan; remove it from /etc/network/interfaces{,.d}
   * Reboot.
   * With current xenial's systemd, if /run/systemd/netif/state does not have
"DNS=" then /etc/resolv.conf will not have any nameserver.
   * With the proposed update, /etc/resolv.conf should have the DHCP-provided
nameserver.

  Regression potential: Low; in 16.04 LTS we do not configure networkd
  by any Ubuntu tool, so networkd is not widely used there yet. For
  systems which do use it it could happen that interface-specific DNS
  servers now appear in resolv.conf that should not be global -- but we
  do not have anything that would configure or obey this setup in 16.04.