The table of width of characters in less-481 is incorrect. I fixed table
generator script and re-generate table files.
Because of branch of bazaar is old (wily?), I attached debdiff file
instead of merge request. This patch is already forwarded to upstream.
Please sponsor it.
** Patch added: "fix-1562308.debdiff"
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to less in Ubuntu.
missing or duplicate lines caused by a wrapped line with wide
Status in less package in Ubuntu:
When you scroll down text with "j" key and encounter a wrapped line
with wide characters (such as UTF8-encoded Japanese characters),
"less" seems to show the whole wrapped line at a single "j" key,
causing the view scroll down by 2 lines at once. Strangely, if you
type "k" to scroll up, it does that by only 1 line. As a result, there
is a missing line that should have been shown.
Even stranger stuff (i.e., duplicate lines) happens when you type "j"
and "k" alternately when a wrapped line with wide characters is at the
bottom of the view.
# Steps to reproduce
1. Open xterm.
2. Set the geometory of xterm to 71x22.
3. Open the attached lesstest.long_jap.txt with less (maybe you need
environment variable LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8)
4. Type "j", then you will see "003" at the top, and a long wrapped
line with Japanese characters at the bottom.
5. Type "k", then you will see "001" and "003" at the top. "002" is
# Expected behavior
In step 4, only the first part of the wrapped line should be shown.
In step 5, all "001", "002" and "003" should be shown.
# Test Environment
- Xubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) beta (in VirtualBox on Xubuntu 14.04)
- less: 481-2.1
- xterm: 322-1ubuntu1
- Japanese environment (LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8)
- The same problem happens on xfce4-terminal (0.6.3-2ubuntu1)
- lv (4.51-2.3build1) doesn't have such problem.
- In "less" in Xubuntu 14.04 (version 458-2), this problem didn't
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~touch-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp